I’ve nearly completed the wiring of the instrument panel. Plan to do a 100% pin by pin ring test of all connections. Ordered several yellow #6 hole crimp lugs that I will use to tie the panel ground to a common point. The ground for the engine monitoring display will be tied back to engine ground.
I wired up the main wiring harness, panel side connector.
I got the landing gear installed, drag links adjusted and disc brakes in place. Had to cut one of the hydraulic brake mounting bolts as it was to long and was barely hitting the brake rotor on one side.
I set the pitch on the prop and installed it. Had to cut a small board at an 11 degree angle and use it to set the pitch. This prop did not come with a pitch setting guide like some I’ve seen.
Then I installed the exhaust system. I had some trouble lining up one of the exhaust tubes but finally got everything lined up flange bolts torqued and the springs installed. Now I need to safety wire the springs. I’m waiting on some smaller braided sleeving so that I can finish the engine and rotor rpm wiring.
Today I installed the hoses for the radiators for engine oil and coolant. Pretty straighforward except for the hose from the engine oil line back to the sump. The rotax engine uses a banjo type fitting and getting the hose and clamp on and tight was a bit of a pain. I also had to lift the engine up to get the oil tank bracket mounting bolts in, bracket should go on before engine.
I installed the control rods so that I can see how much room I need for wiring and the fuel system knowing that I will have to disconnect them to get the Gyro out of the garage.